If you haven’t ever tried this Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cracker Cookies Recipe before you are missing out (sorry, just being honest). They are sweet and salty at the same time and so very good. They do not necessarily fit into my idea of eating super healthy but they are a once a year Christmas treat. I have made these every year since I was a little girl and my mom and I discovered them at a craft sale one Christmas. My family loves them now too and I would get in serious trouble if we didn’t make them. They are pretty simple to make. See the recipe notes below for a gluten-free substitution.
- 1 box Ritz crackers (or use the an organic version of butter crackers from Whole Foods)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 (1 lb. ) Packages of Chocolate Almond Bark or any melting chocolate of your choosing
- Spread peanut butter on a Ritz cracker and then top with another cracker to make a sandwich. Repeat this until you have used up all of the Ritz crackers.
- In a double boiler (or a glass bowl on top of a pan with about 1½ inches of water in it) melt the chocolate over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the stove and use a fork to dip the ritz and peanut butter sandwiches into the chocolate. Pick up the chocolate covered Ritz with a fork and gently tap it on the sides of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place cookies to dry on wax or parchment paper.
- Once the cookies are dry store in an airtight container. They stay good one the counter for about a week or you can make them ahead and freeze them.